ContikiEast Africa Safari(Twin Room,start Nairobi, End Arusha)
Vast National Parks full of wildlife, an orphanage for elephants, a Maasai village and an ancient volcano: this isn't a film plot, it's just a taste of what East Africa has to offer. We've included morning and afternoon game drives in the Masai Mara and Serengeti for your best shot at seeing the Big 5, and even better, you'll be driving through valleys and plains in open-top vehicles and staying in African lodges for a true safari experience.
- Game drives with a chance of seeing the Masai Mara's famous lion and cheetah on the open plains
- Elephant Orphanage Sanctuary visit
- Get close to giraffes at the giraffe centre
- Game drive in Tarangire National Park
- Game drive in Serengeti
- Rift Valley View
- Game drive in the Ngorogoro Crater
- We'll stay in a comfy hotel on our first night in Nairobi and our night in Arusha, then the rest of the time we're going full safari experience in African lodges. This is doing Africa in style in twin share raised canvas tents with full bathrooms, patios and all the amenities you would expect of a hotel room. While we're in the Serengeti, you're in for a treat with a night of luxury camping out under the African stars.
- Being on safari sure works up an appetite. We'll provide breakfast every day, plus 10 lunches and 10 dinners. That's a big stack of included meals, and when we are eating at the lodge, it's always buffets! Choose what you want and how much you want from local to global cuisines. We'll even throw in some picnic lunches or breakfasts for when we are exploring on game drives or driving between lodges.
- You’ll be safe in the hands of your professional Trip Manager, whose knowledge of Africa and wildlife will keep you enthralled throughout the duration of your trip. As well as this, local drivers/guides can provide unique local expertise in smaller groups of 7.
NairobiNairobi is Kenya's capital and one of Africa's most modern and fastest growing major cities. The original center retains Asian influence in its older buildings with glassy modern buildings. Visit City Market with local produce and handicrafts. Other attractions are: National Museum, displaying ethnographic, paleontological and ornithological exhibits; the Arboretum, with an excellent collection of East African flora; the University, known for its unique architecture; the excellent Kenya Railway Museum; and Nairobi's landmark, the extraordinary Kenyatta Conference Center, the country's most monumental building, visible from miles outside the city. There are casinos at Safari Park Hotel and Inter-Continental, and there's Sunday-afternoon horse-racing. Visit Karen Blixen Museum, where some action of the book and film Out of Africa took place. The beautiful forested Ngong Hills is a spiritual place for the Maasai and an excellent area for hiking and enjoying views of Nairobi and the Rift Valley. Nairobi National Park is a wildlife game reserve.
|Maasai Mara||Destination Guide|
Valid Date Ranges
Contiki will carry passengers of 17 years if accompanied by a guardian over 18 years (one guardian required per person). An Underage Waiver Form must be filled out and authorized to travel prior to deposit. They will also carry passengers of up to 37 years of age if accompanied by a passenger within the 18 to 35 age bracket. Please note that the 18 to 35 age range is strictly enforced for USA & Canada products.