12-Nights Road to Rome (2020)
Vacation Offer ID 1354200
Reference this number when contacting our travel specialist.
Insight VacationsRoad To Rome (Preview 2020)
One of our best-selling itineraries, this is an iconic journey of Europe's bucket-list favourites: Paris, Swiss mountains and lakes, Venice and Rome. You'll return home with little doubt of Europe's almighty magnificence. As any good traveller knows, meeting the locals along the way is what makes for great stories, which is why we've packed the itinerary with plenty of interpersonal experiences.
- Paris: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at the local restaurant Bofinger in the heart of Paris for a delightful Welcome Dinner, served with wine.
- Paris: Meet a local foodie for a behind-the-scenes look into Parisian life. Try some local delicacies in a ptisserie, boulangerie, fromagerie and chocolatier on a gourmet walking exploration off the beaten track.
- Lucerne: Choose from a selection of fine restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening.
- Veneto: Delight in a delicious local prosecco tasting, the result of diligent work by the vignerons at a local winery. You will even learn how to make the ideal Bellini.
- Tuscany: Visit Il Poggio to learn about organic olive and grape farming as you enjoy a tasting, complimented by stunning views.
- Orvieto: At a restaurant in the medieval heart of Orvieto, explore the secrets of Italian cooking with Chef Lorenzo and master the art of making fresh pasta by hand. Follow this with lunch and a glass of Orvieto Classico wine.
- Rome: Savour a four-course Celebration Dinner with wine to the rich tremolo of some of Italy’s best-loved opera.
- Dining Summary: 12 Breakfasts (B), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW), and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Stanserhorn: Enjoy a spectacular journey to the summit of Mount Stanserhorn where you will learn about local wildlife from a local Swiss Ranger.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Venice: Learn how the Venetian gondola is made on a visit to a traditional arts centre.
- Vatican City: Enjoy VIP fast-track entry into the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, as well as exclusive access to the Bramante Staircase that is usually not open to the public. During your visit to St Peter's Basilica, see Michelangelo's 'Pieta' and Bernini's intricately carved Papal Altar.
- Paris: The Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel is located on the Left Bank of the Seine River near the Latin Quarter and Saint-Germain-des-Pres. Recently renovated, this modern property offers luxurious bedding in all rooms.
- Lucerne: The Hotel Astoria is sat in the middle of all Lucerne has to offer, with magnificent mountains and astonishing culture.
- Florence: The UNA Hotel Vittoria is located in the historic district of San Frediano.
- Rome: The magnificent Kolbe Hotel Rome traces its origins to a 15th century convent. After a skillful restoration, today it is a luxury hotel located in the heart of the city.
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train from London via the historic Channel Tunnel.
- Paris: See the many attractions Paris has to offer such as Notre-Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs-Élysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
- Lucerne: View the emotive Lion Monument and walk the covered Chapel Bridge to see the Jesuit Church.
- Innsbruck: Walk the narrow streets of the Old Town, lined with medieval houses and arcades, to see the Golden Roof and Imperial Palace.
- Vaduz: Admire the Royal family’s residence, Vaduz Castle, which overlooks the capital and is surrounded by year-round snow peaked mountains.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark's Square and see the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark's Basilica.
- Pisa: With a Local Expert, see the famous Leaning Tower in the Square of Miracles, and the 11th century cathedral and baptistery.
- Florence: Join a Local Expert to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
- Florence: Enjoy watching the masters at work as you visit a leather workshop.
- Orvieto: Visit this pleasant Umbrian hilltop town.
- Rome: See the mighty Colosseum and Roman Forum as well as other medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered through the city.
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, enjoy the scenery as you pass the areas of Burgundy, Arlberg, the Inn Valley, the Tauern Mountains, Tuscany and Umbria.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty represe...
LondonLondon is undoubtedly one of the world's finest cities. In addition to numerous monuments from its more glorious past, London is equally well-known for its pageantry and tradition. London has something for everyone - wide boulevards buzzing with excitement far into the night, quiet squares and explorable alleyways. Visit this famous city's parks, museums, galleries, monuments, abbeys and churches, skyscrapers and ruins, Georgian squares. Take in such events as the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower, or the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, or even one of the many theatrical productions. Some of the most exclusive shops are found along Oxford, Bond and Regent Streets. An old favorite and one of the world's premier institutions is Harrods - offering everything from Chanel suits and sliced salmon to caviar and even pets.
Valid Date Ranges
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Prices reflect land only accommodations, airfare is additional. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply. Itinerary and map subject to change. Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Prices displayed reflect available discounted rates such Early Payment Discount or Red Hot Deal (discounts are not combinable). Discounts may be withdrawn at anytime, book early to confirm space. Itinerary and map subject to change.