6-Nights Jewels of Alaska - Small Group
6-Nights Jewels of Alaska - Small Group
Vacation Offer ID 1463864
Reference this number when contacting our travel specialist.
Insight VacationsJewels Of Alaska - Small Group
Explore the wild and wonderful Alaskan wilderness during this 1-week guided tour. Begin your adventure in Anchorage with a sweet treat: Taste agutak - Inuit Ice Cream - after an exclusive demonstration by Alaska's Indigenous people at the Alaska Native Heritage Center. Board a jet boat for a tour along the Chulitna River to a trapper’s cabin, where you will learn about the lifestyle of hunting and trapping in the state. Ride along the world-famous, glass-domed Alaskan Railroad toward Denali National Park, where the country’s tallest peak, Mount McKinley, will greet you. Meet the champion dog team of a four-time Iditarod winner and allow him to regale you with tales of the 1,049-mile dogsled race over lunch at his home. From Whittier, take a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and the see the glaciers of College Fjord.
- 3 Dinner with Wine (DW)
- 6 Breakfast (B)
- 2 Lunch (L)
- : From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- : Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- : We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- : Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- : Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- : Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- Anchorage: Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Dinner.
- Denali National Park: For tonight's dinner with wine, the choice is yours between a charming local brewery or your lodge's rustic restaurant during your Dine-Around evening.
- Girdwood: In the evening, join your Travel Director for a wonderful Celebration Dinner, complete with wine and good cheer.
- Anchorage: Enjoy an exclusive Agutak (Inuit ice cream) making demonstration during a visit to the renowned Alaska Native Heritage Center. Learn how this culinary treat establishes a link to the past, inspires a sense of pride and spurs a dialogue about an ancient people’s remarkable ability to survive.
- : This afternoon, depart Anchorage and travel through the fertile Matanuska Valley making a stop at a local farm to see how the long summer days and glacial silt create the perfect environment for growing GIANT award- winning vegetables and flowers. Even through the growing season is months shorter than the rest of the country, Alaska’s farmers grow some of the largest vegetables in the world. The photosynthetic boost also makes the produce sweeter – a fascinating and insightful experience that shows a different side of Alaska.
- Denali National Park: Join a specialist for a Denali Natural History Tour and learn about the Alaskan natives who once lived in the park and the first ascent of Denali, North America’s highest peak.
- Denali National Park: Meet four-time Iditarod winner, Martin Buser and learn about the challenges of competing in the 1,049-mile (1,688 kilometer) while enjoying lunch at his home. Martin’s stories give an in depth look at his incredible thirty-five years of racing, as well as a great deal of enthralling Iditarod history.
- Anchorage: Begin your vacation in culinary style at MUSE, a bespoke restaurant and atrium café located within the Anchorage Museum.
- Anchorage: Get acquainted with Alaska's largest city on an immersive city tour. Discover how this urban landscape enriched with culture came to be as you explore the historic downtown.
- : Enjoy a jet Boat Tour up the Chulitna River and visit a Trappers Cabin. Learn about the fascinating lifestyle of hunting and trapping in Interior Alaska.
- Alaska Railroad: Enjoy a Relaxed Start this morning before boarding the world-famous Alaska Railroad train for a spectacular journey over swift-rushing streams, toward Denali National Park and Preserve. View the majestic surroundings from the comfort of your glass-domed railcar.
- Denali National Park: Meet a local climber at a private reception and hear first-hand about their experience climbing the tallest land-based mountain in the world. A Denali climb begins deep in the heart of the Alaska Range and takes around 17-18 days round trip from the base – to hear the tales about such a trek from someone who has experienced it firsthand is truly captivating.
- Whittier: Travel to Whittier to board the 26 Glacier Cruise for a 100-mile boat tour of Prince William Sound and into the College Fjord where you will come up close and personal to the glaciers. Visit with the Captain in the wheelhouse and enjoy an included lunch.
- : Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxurious, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19. All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- : We only work with establishments we are...
Anchorage Destination Guide Talkeetna Destination Guide Denali National Park Destination Guide Girdwood
Valid Date RangesPrices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Prices reflect land only accommodations, airfare is additional. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply. Itinerary and map subject to change. Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Prices displayed reflect available discounted rates such Early Payment Discount or Red Hot Deal (discounts are not combinable). Discounts may be withdrawn at anytime, book early to confirm space.
All fares are quoted in US Dollars.