9-Nights Greek Island Hopper - Classic Group, 2023
Vacation Offer ID 1447864
Reference this number when contacting our travel specialist.
Insight VacationsGreek Island Hopper - Classic Group
Set sail to Greece's most beautiful islands during this 10-day guided tour. Let a Local Expert show you Athens’ ancient Acropolis and Parthenon before setting sail for the crescent-shaped island of Santorini. Here, enjoy views of the caldera from your hotel’s pool, then toast with your fellow travelers to an unparalleled sunset over the Aegean Sea. Later, join a local geology expert to learn about how the volcanic island was formed. On Mykonos, a Local Expert will guide you in a walk of the island’s narrow alleys and iconic Cycladic houses followed by a private tasting of local delicacies. Plus, you’ll meet a Greek captain and board a vessel for a cruise along Mykonos’ stunning coast.
- : Our Well-Being Directors take a proactive approach to your welfare ensuring all well-being regulations are met (available on tours with 21 or more guests).
- : Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion. Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19.All Travel Directors, Well-Being Directors and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- : "The trick to really connecting with the Greeks is to say 'Kalimera!' (Good morning!) loud and proud to everyone you meet each morning, as we do, and to relax long enough to let your sense of humour come though. The Greeks appreciate people who lay the cards on the table, are authentic and show interest in the places they visit. "
- : "I love how guests react to hearing the Zorba the Greek song. It’s amazing that one old song can still unite and spread so much enthusiasm."
- : "In Greece, we still break plates when we are excited, happy, dancing, celebrating our namedays or birthdays, get married or divorced!"
- Athens: Get to know your fellow travelers over a delightful Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Santorini: What better way to start your island adventure than to sip on a cocktail as you take in one of the world's most beautiful sunsets.
- Mykonos: Learn about traditional Mykonian cuisine as you taste some of the local delicacies.
- Athens: Toast the culmination of your vacation with a lively Celebration Dinner in true Greek style at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 2 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 9 Breakfast (B)
- Athens: Ascend the Acropolis with a Local Expert to admire the Parthenon, built in 5th century B.C. Steps away you'll see the Temple of Athena Nike, also known as the Temple of the Wingless Victory, and the six stone-carved caryatids that make up the Porch of the Maidens on the Erechtheion.
- Mykonos: Explore Mykonos Town with a Local Expert and wander the beautiful blue and white streets.
- Mykonos: Enjoy the ferry ride from Santorini to Mykonos with beautiful views of the Mediterranean Ocean.
- Athens: Soak in the last views of paradise as you ride the ferry back to Athens.
- Santorini: Learn from a local geology expert how the Santorini caldera, one of Earth’s natural wonders, was formed 3,500 years ago.
- Mykonos: Meet a Greek captain who will take you on a traditional caique to cruise the coast of Mykonos and tell you more about life on the island.
Additional Included Highlights
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Your stay on the islands is locally hosted. On departures with 10 or more guests, travel between islands is fully escorted.
- High-speed ferry transfers from Athens to Mykonos and Santorini. Ferry schedules and the availability of high-speed ferries may be affected by adverse weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances. Porterage is not available on ferries.
- Transfers are included between Insight hotels and cruise port. Complimentary transfers from/to Athens Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
AthensEven though you've probably come here to see the "glory that was Greece," perhaps best symbolized by the Parthenon and the superb statues and vases in the National Archaeological Museum, allow some time to make haste slowly in Athens. Your best moments may come sitting at a small cafe, sipping a tiny cup of the sweet sludge that the Greeks call coffee, or getting hopelessly lost in the Plaka -- only to find yourself in the shady courtyard of an old church, or suddenly face to face with an ancient monument you never knew existed. With only a little advance planning, you can find a good hotel here, eat well in convivial restaurants, enjoy local customs such as the refreshing afternoon siesta and the leisurely evening volta (promenade or stroll) -- and leave Athens planning to return, as the Greeks say, tou chronou (next year).
SantoriniSantorini is everything that has made the Greek islands legendary. The world famous island of Santorini is the southern most island of the Cycladic group in the Aegean Sea, and is located north of Crete. Its population is distributed among thirteen villages and just exceeds nine thousand. The marvelous dry climate and unbroken sunshine create year around conditions which are perfect for observation, photographs and videos under an extraordinary variety of natural lights and colors.
MykonosMykonos's many captivating attributes make it one of the most celebrated Greek holiday islands. Its main village is a colorful maze of narrow streets lined with white-washed houses, many with bright blue doors and shutters. As an attractive backdrop, famous windmills are lined up like toy soldiers on the hillside, vestiges of a time when wind power was used to grind grain. Mykonos has churches and chapels scattered about the island; quite a number of them are located right in town. Radiant flowers spill over white-washed walls and shady courtyards. In addition to swimming, sunning, water-skiing and surfing, visitors find endless shopping opportunities. Artists have relied on Mykonos' beautiful setting to inspire them. The most photographed site is the Paraportiani, a cluster of white-washed churches resting below windmills. Mykonos's museums include an Archaeological Museum, which houses relics from the Trojan War, a Folk Art Museum and a Maritime Museum. The best beaches are Aghios Stephanos, Psarou, Kalafatis, Onros, Panormos and Elia.
Valid Date Ranges
Prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Prices reflect land only accommodations, airfare is additional. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply. Itinerary and map subject to change. Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Prices displayed reflect available discounted rates such Early Payment Discount or Red Hot Deal (discounts are not combinable). Discounts may be withdrawn at anytime, book early to confirm space.
All fares are quoted in US Dollars.