8-Nights Amazon Voyage
Amazon River by Small Ship
Vacation Offer ID 1275157
Reference this number when contacting our travel specialist.
International ExpeditionsOver the 37 years that International Expeditions has been leading Amazon River cruises, our guests have enjoyed unrivaled access to the Peruvian rainforest’s most pristine areas and the company of the river’s most knowledgeable guides. IE’s exciting daily excursions include dawn birding, school visits in local villages and even piranha fishing! Join IE and be transported to the Amazon of your imagination to discover a rainforest that pulsates with an unrivaled diversity of wildlife.
- 7 nights Zafiro Lower Deck Suite Cabin accommodations aboard The Zafiro River Cruise Ship
- 1 night Standard Room accommodations at the Swissotel, Peru
- All meals on cruise
- Guided tours & lectures by native naturalists
- Services of experienced expedition leader
- Wildlife excursions on land & by skiff in three habitats: varzea, igapó & terra firma
- Piranha fishing
- Dawn birding
- Local village & school visits
- Nighttime skiff rides & rainforest walks
- Full educational program with lectures & field interpretation
- Visit to Ranger Station used for scientific study
- Cooking demonstrations
- Guides’ reception with a complimentary Peruvian cocktail, soft drink, wine or beer onboard daily
- Blessing ceremony with a local Shaman
- Tips to porters & waiters for included meals
- Arrival & departure transfers
- View wildlife on hikes, excursion boat rides & even while kayaking in three different habitats
- Sample local culture with cooking demonstrations, village & school visits, stops at riverside markets & Shaman blessing ceremony
- Learn during guided tours, lectures & field interpretation by experienced native naturalists
- Dance to traditional music during nightly Happy Hour receptions
Internal Air (additional): from $409 (2019 & 2020)
Child Discount (ages 7-18): $1,000
Child Discount (ages 7-18): $1,000
LimaLima, "the City of the Kings," became the effective capital of the Viceroyalty of Peru, established 1560. Today, a visit to Lima may serve as a unique Peruvian experience that offers a glimpse into the Andean world, Spanish tradition and the country's modern aspect. Visit handsome old buildings and baroque churches that testify to the city's religious background and the Plaza de Armas, shared by the realms of the Catholic church, municipality and national government. The pre-Inca ruins of Pachacamac lie a short distance south of the city. Once a ceremonial site, Pachacamac has been the most important religious center of the Andean world since before the age of Christ. Stop and admire The Temple of the Sun and the Moon, Lima's outstanding museums, and Machu Picchu - a "Jewel in the Mist."
Valid Date Ranges
All prices are per person, land/cruise only, based on double occupancy, unless otherwise noted. In-Country airfare included. International airfares are not included. Information and pricing is subject to change without notice, including changes in the currency exchange rate. Prices may vary by day of travel, season, duration and are subject to availability at time of booking. Certain blackout dates may apply. Air, immigration and/or other fees and taxes are not included unless noted. All efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein. Should an error occur, we reserve the right to correct it. Terms and conditions apply. Rates based on Zafiro Lower Deck Suite Cabins. Additional Cabin categories available; inquire for pricing and details. Guest capacity: 38 guests. Deposits and Payments: A $600 deposit per person is required to confirm your reservation for the main trip. An additional $150 deposit is due for each pre and post-extension to your trip. Child discount applies; inquire for pricing. Rates may vary by date of travel; please inquire for the best prices for your preferred travel dates.