The Hemingway Wing Safari
Explore Old Africa in Style
Such is Africa's allure: that a bright fellow like Hemingway would lie in his tent, homesick before he'd even parted from a place that had come to seem more like home than home itself. We're told these days to stick to the now, and the here, but Hemingway-like many of us lovers of Africa-knew that sometimes you can't micromanage your passions. The Hemingway Wing Safari-a cherished favourite of Micato staff-is a tribute, not only to Africa's tendency to grab hold of our hearts, but also to the old-fashioned and cozy safaris of Hemingway's time, with three tented camps (a little more luxurious than in Ernest's day, but he was never one to avoid intelligently offered luxury), good looks at East Africa's most legendary game parks (and a couple of lesser-known gems), and five swooping flights that bring us into great intimacy with Africa's landscapes.
- The remote and dramatic northern Samburu region, home to unique species like Grevy’s zebra, Somali ostrich, gerenuk, beisa oryx, and reticulated giraffe.
- A glimpse into the daily life of the nomadic Samburu or Maasai warrior clans, with special invitations to meet with tribal leaders for a discussion about rituals and ancient customs.
- Meet and dine with Micato’s founders, Jane and Felix Pinto.
- Walking in the bush with Maasai warriors, horsebacking in a Tanzanian coffee estate, biking in the Ngorongoro Highlands.
- Service, info, and good cheer from your Micato Safari Director from start to finish; round-the-clock access to our unique Concierge Service.
Samburu National Reserve
Samburu National ReserveSamburu National Reserve is not very well-known, but definitely worth a visit. It is situated on the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro river in Kenya. This means plenty of water, trees and shade to attract wildlife like elephant, lion, giraffe and zebra from the surrounding savannah plains. Leopards are also regularly spotted.
|Lake Manyara National Park||Destination Guide|
|Maasai Mara||Destination Guide|