Micato SafarisThis inspired journey brings us a trio of heart-stirring African contrasts.
We begin in Namibia, at the splendidly imaginative Onguma the Fort, surrounded by the profound peacefulness of Etosha National Park’s dry, archetypally vast landscapes and free-ranging animals, a gloriously unusual safari experience of visiting a series of animal-magnet waterholes, each a revelation. Then we’re off to the iconic One&Only in forever zesty Cape Town and Richard Branson’s serene Mont Rochelle in the gorgeous Cape Winelands, a dissimilar but no less bedazzling experience.
We finish in Branson’s Safari Lodge or his nearby Rock Lodge, tucked into his private Ulusaba Game Reserve, part of the Sabi Sand Game Reserve, a varietal land of acacia-dotted savannahs, riverine forests, and rocky bluffs, graced with 150 mammal species, 470 avians, and 300 tree species, ranging from monumental baobabs to winsome ilala palms.
- Luxury accommodations
- All meals
- Regional wine and beer at mealtimes, vehicles stocked with soft drinks and bottled water
- Highly credentialed Game Rangers and Trackers during your journey
- 24/7 Concierge Team poised to meet last minute, unexpected, and unusual requests
- Every last gratuity, even substantial ones to Game Rangers, Trackers, waiters, porters… and everyone else, from beginning to end of your safari
- All airport transfers, game park, national park, and conservancy fees
- Sublime safari swag! Bush hats, specially designed Micato Safaris duffels, luggage tags, document wallets, flashlights, and more
- For every safari sold, Micato sends an African child to school
- Daily valet laundry service. You can pack less and even return home with a bag of clean clothes… now that’s luxury!
- Free Wi-Fi wherever it exists on safari including camps and lodges
- Game drives, safari walks, and star-gazing from the observatory at Sir Richard Branson’s Ulusaba Game Reserve
- Private Cape Winelands tasting and viticulture experience at luminary wineries like Fairview, Kanonkop, Waterford, or Ernie Els
- Intimate, comprehensive Cape Town touring: towering Table Mountain, spectacular, super-verdant Cape Peninsula (penguins aplenty!), Victorian-era towns, the festively multi-cultural Malay Quarter, a heartfully inspiring Micato-AmericaShare project, and more
- Expert guides and facilitators at every step of the way, plus our unique 24-hour Concierge Service
- The timeless immensity and marvelous desert-adapted animals of Namibia’s Etosha National
JohannesburgJohannesburg's contrasts are some of the most extreme in the world; poverty-stricken and overcrowded Alexandra is surrounded by some of the richest suburbs in South Africa, and downtown hundreds of homeless struggle to survive around the Stock Exchange. The contrast between suburb and township is mirrored nationwide, but is more extreme here because of the intense wealth of many of the suburbs, and the sheer size of the townships and their satellite squatter camps. Yet the city as a whole continues to suck in people and skills from all over the country, making it the financial, commercial and cultural powerhouse of South Africa.
|Onguma Private Nature Reserve|
Franschhoek is known as the wine and gourmet capital of South Africa. There are a number or wineries, cellars and shops that offer visitors tours and tastings of the local wines. There are also over 100 of the Nations top restaurants and chefs in the area creating world-class cuisine using the fresh produce and wines from the region. Franschhoek also provides excellent shopping including art shops, antiques, book shops, and a chocolate factory. The rolling hills, surrounding mountains and picturesque vineyards and farms make this the perfect getaway destination.
Cape TownCape Town is southern Africa's most beautiful, most romantic and most-visited city. Few urban centers anywhere can match its setting along the Cape Peninsula spine, which slides like the mighty tail of the continent into the Atlantic Ocean. By far the most striking - and famous - of its sights is Table Mountain, frequently mantled by clouds, and rearing up from the middle of the city to provide a constantly changing vista to the suburbs below. Table Mountain is the city's solid core which divides the city into distinct zones with public gardens, wilderness, forests, hiking routes, vineyards and desirable residential areas trailing down it's lower slopes.
Sabi SandsSabi Sands is located in the south western region of the Greater Kruger National Park. The game reserve is home to lions, leopards, rhinos, buffalo and elephants. You will find plenty of accommodations, safari tours and restaurants.
Valid Date Ranges
Prices, additional fees, itineraries, and availability of this product are subject to change at any time. Please contact your travel advisor for more information.
Please Note: If a minimum number of travellers is not reached, Micato may provide local guides in each location in place of a Micato tour or safari director. Extensions are locally guided.
All fares are quoted in US Dollars.