The Micato Grand Safari
15 Days door-to-door
The grand, glamourous, unabashedly luxurious safaris favoured by princes and princesses, potentates, plutocrats, and ex-presidents (Teddy Roosevelt’s epic 1909 safari was one of the first of its sumptuous kind) are central to East Africa’s heritage as one of the world’s most desired destinations. This Grand Safari is Micato’s homage to those old and romantic days, to their indulgent and exquisite grace.
The Micato Grand Safari’s six flights make travel between game preserves and luxury camps a seamless, time-saving joy. And our stays in places like the airy Tortilis Camp in Amboseli; Bateleur or Governor’s Il Moran camps in the Maasai Mara; the charmingly luxe Four Seasons Safari Lodge in the Serengeti; and, of course, the Lewa Safari Camp bring us into close and comfortable contact with some of Africa’s richest game lands and most stirring landscapes.
- East Africa’s most luxurious tented camps and lodges, including splendid Bateleur Camp, much-celebrated Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti, and the elegantly eclectic Ngorongoro Crater Lodge.
- Guided rhino-tracking treks; and graceful hot air ballooning at sunrise followed by al fresco breakfast.
- Touchdown to takeoff services of your Micato Safari Director, and 24/7 access to our Micato Concierge Service.
- Spectacular views and incomparably fascinating ecosystems: regal Mount Kilimanjaro; the Serengeti Plains; the famed Mara River; the Laikipia Plateau and jagged Aberdare mountains; and the Lost World of the Ngorongoro Crater.
- A welcoming meal at home with Micato founders Felix and Jane Pinto.
NairobiNairobi is Kenya's capital and one of Africa's most modern and fastest growing major cities. The original center retains Asian influence in its older buildings with glassy modern buildings. Visit City Market with local produce and handicrafts. Other attractions are: National Museum, displaying ethnographic, paleontological and ornithological exhibits; the Arboretum, with an excellent collection of East African flora; the University, known for its unique architecture; the excellent Kenya Railway Museum; and Nairobi's landmark, the extraordinary Kenyatta Conference Center, the country's most monumental building, visible from miles outside the city. There are casinos at Safari Park Hotel and Inter-Continental, and there's Sunday-afternoon horse-racing. Visit Karen Blixen Museum, where some action of the book and film Out of Africa took place. The beautiful forested Ngong Hills is a spiritual place for the Maasai and an excellent area for hiking and enjoying views of Nairobi and the Rift Valley. Nairobi National Park is a wildlife game reserve.
|Maasai Mara||Destination Guide|
Valid Date Ranges
Please Note: If a minimum number of travellers is not reached, Micato may provide local guides in each location in place of a Micato tour director. Extensions are locally guided.
Not Included in Quoted Tour Rates: Cost of obtaining passports, visas, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, communication (calls, faxes, emails, etc.), international airport departure tax (to be paid in U.S. dollars or acceptable foreign currencies), and deviations from the tour.