African Splendour: The Best of East & Southern Africa
We’re not sure why, but great journeys often involve great contrasts. African Splendour is a case in point. On the full 17-day safari (the first 6 days in Southern Africa are optional), we range through 34 degrees of latitude and four countries, but, most engagingly and contrastingly, we experience the diverse excitements of Cape Town’s urban pizzazz, the watery colossus of Victoria Falls, and the wondrous game lands of the Serengeti-Maasai Mara ecosystem, where the wandering rains compel the planet’s most momentous movement of big, interesting mammals. (And then there’s the Ngorongoro Crater, which really can’t be contrasted with any other place, because there really isn’t any other place remotely like it, at least on our home planet.)
Those with a little less time can begin the safari on Day 8 in Nairobi before heading off to the quite engagingly contrasty Ngorongoro Crater, the Serengeti, and the Maasai Mara, high on the list of Africa’s supreme splendours.
- A magnificent and varietal passage through fabled East and Southern African landmarks: buzzing and beautiful Cape Town, epic Victoria Falls, and the legendary game reserves of East Africa.
- A sterling collection of carefully curated hotels, camps and lodges, including the One&Only in Cape Town, Anantara’s newest hotel in Zambia, the stunning Four Seasons Safari Lodge Serengeti, and Sir Richard Branson’s personal camp in Kenya.
- A rich variety of experiences: wine tasting in the gorgeous Cape Winelands, exploring the wondrous Cape Point Nature Reserve on the continent’s southern tip; land and air views of stupendous Victoria Falls; eventful game drives and walks in the heart of East Africa’s big game country.
- Luxury accommodations
- All meals
- Highly-credentialed Micato Safari Directors and Driver-Guides during the East Africa portion of your journey and a Safari Director in Southern Africa
- 24/7 Concierge Team poised to meet last minute, unexpected, and unusual requests
- Every last gratuity, even substantial ones to Safari Directors, Driver-Guides, Game Rangers, Trackers, waiters, porters… and everyone else, from beginning to end of your safari
- Regional wine and beer at mealtimes, vehicles stocked with soft drinks and bottled water
- Daily valet laundry service. You can pack less and even return home with a bag of clean clothes… now that’s luxury!
- Complimentary in-vehicle Wi-Fi as well as free Wi-Fi wherever else it exists on safari, including camps and lodges
- All airport transfers, game park, national park, and conservancy fees
- Sublime safari swag! Bush hats, specially designed Micato Safaris duffels, luggage tags, document wallets, flashlights, and more
- For every safari sold, Micato sends an African child to school.
Maasai MaraThe Maasai Mara National Reserve (Masai Mara) is Kenya's finest and most outstanding wildlife sanctuary where gentle rolling grassland ensures animals are never out of sight. The climate is gentle, rarely too hot and well spread rainfall year round. The sensation of the great wildebeest migration between July and October is unparalleled. The wildlife is far from being confined within the Reserve boundaries and an even larger area extends beyond the game Reserve. Centuries of close association with the wildllife has resulted in an almost symbiotic relationship where wildlife and Masai people live in peace with one another. The first sight of this park is breathtaking. There is nowhere else on earth to compare with this wildlife marvel. The combination of a gentle climate, scenic splendour and untold numbers of wildlife makes the Maasai Mara National Reserve Kenya's most popular inland destination.
|Lake Manyara National Park||Destination Guide|
|Cape Town||Destination Guide|
Valid Date Ranges
Please Note: If a minimum number of travellers is not reached, Micato may provide local guides in each location in place of a Micato tour or safari director. Extensions are locally guided.
Not Included in Quoted Tour Rates:
Cost of obtaining passports, visas, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, items of a personal nature such as drinks, laundry, communication (calls, faxes, emails, etc.), international airport departure tax (to be paid in U.S. dollars or acceptable foreign currencies), and deviations from the tour.