TrafalgarCosta Rica Eco Adventure End San Jose
Glide through tree-lined waterways and relax in thermal pools, sample chocolate made from the world's best cacao and journey back in time with a native Quaker in Old Town Monteverde.
- VIEW Arenal Volcano
- VISIT Tortuguero National Park, Braulio Carillo National Park, Sarapiquí, Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- 7 breakfasts
- 4 lunches
- 6 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Rain ponchos provided for your use
- Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trusted
- Handcrafted Highlights
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
San Jose (C.R.)
San Jose (C.R.)The sophisticated capital of Costa Rica, San Jose, has been endowed with a vibrant street life as well as a refined cultural life. You'll see contemporary structures of glass and steel, as well as colonial, Victorian, and classical architecture, exotic birds, giant butterflies, and picturesque scenery. Costa Rica offers some of the world's most thrilling sights to those who seek a new adventure.
TortugueroThe small village of Tortuguero (translated as "Region of Turtles") lies on the northeastern Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, approximately 50 miles north of the principal Port of Limon. The village is comprised of a variety of cultures: Hispanic, Miskito Indian (Nicaragua), and Afro-Caribbean. Both Spanish and Creole English are spoken. The region surrounding Tortuguero is called the Tortuguero Plain, which is a vast low lying area of little topographic relief still covered by a large expanse of tropical rainforest.
SarapiquiSarapiquí is a tiny community in Costa Rica in a valley surrounded by rainforests. It is accessed via waterways and tiny canals. The area is relatively unknown, and home to some of Costa Rica's most diverse and dense wildlife and vegetation. Be sure to visit La Selva, managed by the Organization of Tropical Studies (OTS), which is the research center for scientists and students from all over the world.
Arenal, in Costa Rica, is the site of one of the most active volcanoes in the world.
On almost a daily basis, red-hot rocks crash down its steep slopes and volcanic grumbles produce huge ash columns above the crater.
In addition to the volcano, the area features exciting attractions such as, rafting, hot springs, pristine beaches, and rainforest expeditions.
MonteverdeThe Monteverde rainforest area, which comprises ten towns with 8,000 people, is situated on the Continental Divide at an elevation of 5,600 feet. A walk through a Costa Rica Monteverde cloud forest reveals a lush green garden of mosses, ferns, flowers and epiphytes growing thickly on every tree. Clouds drift in and settle among the slopes, giving the continuous moisture required for such exuberant plant growth. Dangling roots and vines sweep across the trails. The air is rich with the sounds of birds and the occasional scurrying of small mammals on the forest floor. In the distance a howler monkey roars.
Valid Date Ranges
* For single travellers purchasing the twin-share option, please note that there is a no smoking policy in all shared rooms. Solo travel is not accepted on guided Family Experiences holidays unless travelling as part of a family group.
* Twin-share option not available for trips to South America, Costa Rica, Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii or for any holiday & cruise combination, or in Asia and Eastern Mediterranean except Highlights of Turkey (without cruise) & Best of Turkey. It's also not available on Small Group trips. Guided Vacations included in this restriction are Newfoundland and Labrador (DNLA) as well as Panama, the Canal & Beyond (LPAN).
All fares are quoted in US Dollars.