Important Disclaimer: In the event of unforeseen circumstances such as weather, natural disasters, riots, strikes, etc. and tour cannot operate as published, if an alternative is provided and declined, there will be no compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Private Car & Driver tour insured?
Yes. The Private Car & Driver tours are provided by Signature Destination Specialist companies who carry liability and indemnity insurance.
- Does the Driver speak English?
The Private Car & Driver tours include a professional English-speaking driver and guide. In some cases the driver is also a licensed guide.
- Are the gratuities to the Driver and Guide included?
In most cases the gratuities have already been paid. There are a few ports where this is not the case. Please refer to the inclusions section of your tour confirmation to determine if gratuities have been paid.
- Is lunch included in the tour?
Lunch is not included in the tour. The driver and guide will make suggestions to you but payment must be settled with the restaurant. You may also choose not to stop for lunch.
- How far in advance must the tour be booked?
Advance booking time varies according to destination as some ports have limited inventory of private cars available. In order to guarantee service and provide required documentation, tour arrangements must be made at least 30 days prior to embarkation.
- Can I make special requests for sightseeing once the tour begins?
Our Destination Specialists would be happy to accommodate special requests within the allocated time of the Private Car & Driver tour. Prolonging the tour past the allocated time could result in an additional charge. Major changes to the itinerary must be made at least 30 days prior.
- What if I wish to change the Private Car & Driver tour from the port I originally selected to another port that is also offering a Private Car & Driver tour? For example, I am sailing on the February 13th departure of the Silver Shadow and originally selected Brisbane for my tour. Now I want to take advantage of the tour in Cairns instead.
Changes will be permitted up to 30 days prior to embarkation. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accommodate clients who wish to deviate from the preselected list of ports.
- What if we are in port for two days and I want to extend the car offer for another day, on my own?
You may make arrangements directly with your Travel Professional.
- Can I bring someone I’ve met on the ship who is not a fellow Signature client on my tour?
This is permitted as long as the arrangements are made 30 days prior to the tour. Additional costs will apply. Due to port documentation requirements by the tour provider, it is not possible to bring someone with you on the day of the tour.
- I’m traveling with several members of my family and we are all entitled to a tour. Can we share one vehicle and do the tour together?
YES, you can pre-arrange to take the tour together in one vehicle. Each booking will only be eligible for the original number of tours. No further compensation is provided to guests sharing a car.
- I’m traveling as a single and have met another single Signature client who is also signed up for the Signature tours. Can we go with each other on our scheduled tours?
This is permitted for World Cruise guests only as long as you notify your travel professional within 30 days of the tour so the tour provider can be made aware of the additional guest and documentation is provided.
- I originally signed up for the Car & Driver tour. Now I want to change to the Shipboard Credit option instead. Is this possible?
Changes will be permitted up to 30 days prior to embarkation. Within 30 days of the tour, cancellation penalties apply and no substitute amenity will be provided.