You will first head up to Edinburgh Castle, where you will see the 'Honours of Scotland', or the Scottish Crown Jewels, and have the opportunity to admire striking views across the city. Drive along the Royal Mile to the imposing Holyrood Palace*, the Queen's Official Residence in Scotland.
Continue the Royal theme this afternoon, with a visit to the Royal Yacht Britannia. Built in Scotland, and now permanently moored here, this famous ship hosted many official voyages during her working life. Your guide will bring the Royal Yacht Britannia’s intriguing history to life prior to the short transfer back to your cruise ship.
*You will tour the staterooms of the palace if no member of the Royal Family is staying here at the time.
- Privately guided tour of Edinburgh Castle
- Visit Holyrood Palace (Subject to Royal Visit)
- Discover the history of the Royal Yacht Britannia
Tour Can Operate: Morning/ Afternoon
Wheelchair Accessible: Please enquire for more information
Physical Activity Level: Light
- Private transport by BMW 7 Series or similar for 1 or 2 passengers or Viano (6 passenger seats) or similar for 3, 4, or 5 passengers or Sprinter for 6 passengers.
- Expert local guide for stated sightseeing 8 hours in Edinburgh
- Entrance fees to all sights and museums
- All taxes
- All cruise travel, personal items, meals and associated costs
- Supplement for public holidays
- Anything not specifically mentioned in the “Inclusions” list above.