11-Nights Splendors of Egypt - Small Group, Summer
11-Nights Splendors of Egypt - Small Group, Summer
Vacation Offer ID 1517395
Reference this number when contacting our travel specialist.
Insight VacationsSplendors Of Egypt - Small Group, Summer
Explore the splendors of Egypt on this 12-day tour. Cruise down the Nile with a stop at the Old Cataract Hotel, where Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie once dined, for a traditional high tea. Continue down the Nile to Luxor, where you will see the Valley of the Kings, where pharaohs - including the famous Tutankhamun - are buried. Later, break bread with a family in Geziret Bahirat, who will regale you with tales of local life. In Cairo, see the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of King Zoser, before traveling to see one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World: The Pyramids of Giza. Here, stand face-to-face with the towering sphinx and later, see a sound and light show dance across the stones.
- 11 Breakfast (B)
- 7 Lunch (L)
- 7 Dinner (D)
- 1 Afternoon Tea (AT)
- : Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- : Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- : We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- : From time to time, your Travel Director will delight you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- : Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- : If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times. If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport.
- Cairo: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party, dressed in traditional Egyptian attire.
- Aswan: Follow in the footsteps of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie as you enjoy high tea at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Luxor: Get to know your fellow travelers over a delightful Welcome Drink followed by dinner.
- Luxor: Enjoy listening to stories of village life from local residents, when you visit a family home for a tasting of authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Aswan: In Aswan, meet the women of a local women-owned co-operative whose mission is to support vulnerable women from the local villages to learn new skills and become financially independent. The organization provides a hub of support and comfort for over 300 women who may live in poverty or suffer from loneliness and want to become financially independent. Thanks to their newly learnt skills, the women are now able to provide the main source of income for their family. The co-op also strives to reduce waste with a secondary mission to ensure a garbage free world by using waste and natural material like bamboo or palm trees to create fine handicrafts. This experience advances Global Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Dendera: At the Temple of Hathor, see a rare depiction of Cleopatra and Caesarian.
- Aswan: Visit Aswan's High Dam and Granite Quarries to ponder why the Unfinished Obelisk has been left in mid-creation for thousands of years.
- Philae Island: Travel by motorboat to Philae Island and witness the majestic Temple of Isis rising from the waters.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft. Visit the High Dam and Granite Quarries.
- Kom Ombo: Visit the unique temple as it is the only double temple in Egypt.
- Luxor: Visit Luxor Temple, constructed approximately 1400 BC. Look to the top of the remaining Pylon of Ramses II and step into the ancient monument.
- Memphis: Visit this famous capital of the ancient world to see the statue of Ramses II and the Great Alabaster Sphinx.
- Saqqara Necropolis: View the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of Zoser I, existing for over 4,500 years.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Cairo: Admire the remaining Wonders of the Ancient World as you explore through the Pyramids of Giza and the mighty Sphinx. Hear about Egyptian history as you walk through the National Archaeological Museum and learn the art of making papyrus paper out of reeds when you visit a Papyrus Institute.
- Cairo: Take a short scenic flight to Luxor where you will begin your Nile Cruise.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it. Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Luxor: Visit the Luxor Museum and discover ancient artefacts.
- Cairo: Guided by your Local Expert, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewelery - Tutankhamun's treasures. Sightseeing includes sweeping vies over the city from the Citadel and a visit to the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Cairo: With your Egyptologist, gaze upon Tutankhamun's treasures at the Egyptian Musuem, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewelery - all treasures of Tutankhamun.
- Colossi of Memnon: See the massive stone statues of the Colossi of Memnon.
- Valley of the Kings: Embark on an
Nile River Cruising Kom Ombo Aswan Destination Guide Edfu Luxor Destination Guide Cairo Destination Guide
Valid Date RangesPrices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability and change without notice. Prices reflect land only accommodations, airfare is additional. Blackout dates/seasonal supplements may apply. Itinerary and map subject to change. Tour prices and dates are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking. Prices displayed reflect available discounted rates such Early Payment Discount or Red Hot Deal (discounts are not combinable). Discounts may be withdrawn at anytime, book early to confirm space.
All fares are quoted in US Dollars.